4.09.2021

lavender fields

 This week Kia is hosting the watercoloring challenge and has linked to a lavender field tutorial. 


So, the challenge looked pretty straight forward to me & I jumped right in on that Wednesday evening. this is a break of drying times between panels. the top one with more paint on it was the first and the lavender looked more like Lupine to me. ha ha. so, I started going smaller with the petals on the second one which eventually became the card below. I did add the rock salt to dry on that first layer of hazy blooms in the background but, I did not see the dramatic results the tutorial author did. I did let these sit over night with what you see below and just added on the sentiment (simon says stamp you got this set) panel over the top the next day. The base is some shimmer stardream cardstock and its A7 in real life.


I ended up going back over the stems in the front and adding in some tiny leaves the way the ones in my garden are growing. I don't actually have grass in between the bushes but, I like the hazy dreamy idea of it so maybe the other greens are more like soft focus other plants. I had a really hard time with these colors as, mine is more of a silvery gray ish green on the plant that is very woody. and I had used similar colors shown in the tutorial for this. I think sometimes its easier to learn it following along at what they are showing you that way but, I think I may need other colors to try and mix the colors I wanted this was using the Munygo set I got last week in the mail and it does not have a Paynes gray in it. ( I have that) I think I am nearly to the point of thinking about buying a empty pan holding set and moving paints from this set and that set to get the colors I want in one box but, have not done anything but, think about it so far.

No comments: