4.14.2021

Sketched Wings

 So, the tutorial shared with this weeks watercolor Wednesday ( found here) looked so simple when I watched her do it. ( of course right?) at any rate, I decided that the hardest part about this is knowing when to stop. more than say finding what colors to mix or the stroke shapes and technical details like that.

I finally decided that I could not go back in and add more color after, splatters yes, color on the wings no. It left hard lines which was not pretty, and or there was too much water and or it just did not work for me, so on the one that did make it into a card are I wish I had cut the paper larger to begin with so that there could have been more white space on the edges of the wings as I did this pretty large. the cut panel is A2.

And I chickened out over using my own handwriting to do the sentiment and cut one of these Simon Says Stamp reverse printed ones in stead. the base was cut to A6 and is the same Strathmore 400 series watercolors. I did end up adding a catty corner of splatters across the front of the card base so it could add to the fluid movement feeling, instead of a plain border for framing. I really like the colors on this though and that is something. ( its some Prima ones) the black is Daniel Smith. I think this is something that I will try again soon. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

stampingbowd said...

Agh! Next time I am going to take a pic of all my tries! Your tries look like they came out better than mine though! You made me feel SO much better about my 10 after reading that you tried 6 times. I love how light and transparent yours turned out. I really do that you have a good white space around your wings. I am with you, I sure didn't try handwriting my sentiment! I think this is an absolute beauty!