2.06.2019

WOYWW# 505 {nothing}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
So, things have been on a roll for a little while now with the organizing cling stamps and un-mounting the sentiment stamps. and I hit a snag last Saturday am I woke up with my left hand looking like snake skin, it was peeling it was scratchy and itchy.  Best guess is maybe it was an allergic reaction to the glue on the cling foam sheets or combined with say the goo gone wipes ( I use those on the scissors as I am cutting) and etc and so forth. So, I ended up putting lotion on my hand every 30  minutes to an hour and by Sunday night it was starting to look like real skin again. So, I had found a pair of disposable gloves I got years ago for doing alcohol inks with to clean up the mess. without touching any of those things to do it & on Sunday I even made a couple of really simple cards with some of the stamps I had unearthed and I cleaned up after my self. ( its a surprise I know to me too)  So, I am thinking I need to haul home a box of those gloves to continue. which I will do but, I have forgotten about it when I was at work the last two days it snowed here and my thoughts were usually along the lines of just go home.
So, that's about it from me. I am still "this close" to being almost done.

Oh, and Julia asked about the PSX stamps. So, around the corner behind that open door there is an altered bakers rack (you can see an older mug shot here) those are really old photos from when the table was on the other side of the room. and the collection was smaller. My husband took that rack to work and added extra shelves to it to hold all those frames of stamps for me. and once a while back when the un-mounting started I said something like oh, I guess I can let go of this (because the trays fill up with dust) and out of the corner of my mind I seen hubs face and decided that was not the thing to say. So, what I am doing now is getting rid of the trays and keeping some things in boxes. So, I changed directions with if I kept something on wood what would it be, and I settled on the PSX stamps because, I love the art on them and all of mine, the rubber is still in perfect shape on the foam after all these years so, I then told hubs ( later, a long time later) if I die first those are the stamps he may get some money out of hahahah. Anyways, I may un-mount the PSX sentiments at some point too but, probably not the images. I used to rotate them around the room ( on the shelf behind where I stand I have two shelves filled with background stamps and sometimes it is the psx florals) so, I don't know for sure but, at this point its being more helpful to sort the odd ball stamps rather than the ones I have bigger collections of. I also have a lot of stampa rosa ( the original housemouse sentiments and images and those sentiments are also in boxes next to the psx ones)

I am also testing having sheets of dies in those same boxes. so far I have just the tag dies in one on the rack and I am debating about sorting out that drawer of slim dies to move those to the rack because, the dresser draw is now full and I really have to brace my leg to hold it up when I pull it out.

Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, PSX had some amazing stamps, I agree. And yes, the prices they sell for today is amazing too. Glad the allergic reaction is clearing, gloves are no doubt the safest way to go. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. It sounds like crafting in your house is like a gymnastic workout - having to hold cupboards up when the drawer is open, filling bakers' trays... glad you are getting on with all your sorting - and I do hope the allergic reaction settles soon. I use medical gloves when peeling parsnips and potatoes... the starch really gets to my hands!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Sarah Brennan said...

I do hope that allergic reaction finishes clearing up soon Stacy. It will be nice to keep some wooden stamps if you have display room for them. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Helen said...

I agree about the PSX stamps, I always loved (still do) the art on the stamps, they are such fabulous images. sorry to hear about your skin problem, hope the gloves help in future. Helen #1

Caro said...

Ouch! That sounds like a nasty reaction - I hope it fully clears soon. Thanks for sharing. Take care and have a nice week. With love and God bless, Caro x (#30)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, sounds nasty. I have to say I have a similar problem and always have to wear gloves if using any type of chemical but avoid the type with powder as they can be just as bad. Hope they are better soon. I still have some wood mounted stamps but quite like having them on display. Have a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x12x

My name is Cindy said...

Home your skin clears up - sounds painful!! Keep going with the sorting, you'll get there one day soon! Happy Wednesday, Cindy #20

Julia Dunnit said...

Aha, it becomes clear. Always used to tell customers that PSX were like the Rolls Royce of stamp companies, and over the years the rubber quality has proved me right! I hint you’re doing the right thing! I think also our stamping ‘careers’ of of a similar age, original Stampa Rosa and PSX were definitely my biggest first collections. Sorry about your hand, that isn’t so good, shows how much you’ve exposed yourself too though. When I saw your desk photo I thought that you’d finished the unmounting and were setting about organising other stuff. Oh my heart!!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oooh, that skin reaction sounds sore, I'm glad it's clearing up now - maybe you're just sensitive to stuff, gloves definitely sound the way forward. Well done on all the sorting out!
Hugs LLJ 14 xxx