2.24.2019

Stars,Moon & Sea

This week's Featured Stamper is Ankita who has this cool card seen here that I kept coming back to every time I made time to peek at her gallery so, I spent a big portion of the day cleaning my desk so I could play along. 

 To make changes, I flipped mine up to portrait, switched out the cork framing for acrylic paint covered corrugate paper an cut with scissors some of the starfish instead of the sentiment. I also used a piece of the watercolor paper towards the top of the sheet to use the tear off instead of giving it a stitched diecut framing.
The starfish were stamped on the watercolor paper with some memento dessert storm and I used daniel smith and QOR watercolors over the top of that, ( and more once the cut out ones were done so I could cover up the cut lines) I then used a Versafine marker to scribble some spots for the Hero Arts sand embossing powder to stick to.

I wanted the corrugate to peek out a little and catch the out of the box starfish legs so, this card finished out at 5" wide and 6 " tall.  I added some of the embossing powder to the starfish also.
I am going to take a black sharpie marker to that sentiment, it was stamped with a hand held block onto the watercolor paper so, ( yes, I do know better but, its been dark and cloudy here all day so, in the spirit of hurry up and get it done so you can shoot it with what ever fragments of day light there are left today this is what happened)
You can find this challenge here to play along, Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

Stacy, this is a beautiful card with lots of texture! Great piece of artwork, Stacy!