2.18.2019

Challenge Cards

 This week's featured stamper is  Heejung and I found this card that I kept coming back to. I had originally intended to do a one layer ish card with the woodgrain printed paper but, ( its very thin) and so, I ended up die cutting it and layering scrap cardstock behind the diecut parts. I also kept the stamped panel one piece and tied on the sentiment to dangle instead of counter sinking it. The frame is a poppy stamps double stitched one and it has 3 layers of card under the paper and is up on 1/16 pop dots. That herb background is a really old one from Inkadinkado and the sentiment is from the Papertrey ink garden variety set.

 A closer look at the stamping, I did go very light with the versafine to ink this and then added a bit of color with some zig clean brush markers but, not perfectly more of a loose look to play into the rustic white washed painted on the boards thing.

 Last weekend the featured stamper was Sally who posted this cool card last year during dtgd for my challenge I hosted and I love that ( esp, the rope detail) so, changes were I did not do a chalkboard and I kept the blue belts on the boots and (added some stardust gelly roll pen to the buckle) and I switched out the rope for some blue jeans ribbon. I had bought this set do do something for J with and finally inked it. ( The boots are from the SU country livin set and the sentiment is from Tim Holtz simple sentiments set)

 Now this was an experiment, I see these people who manage to combine challenges for lots of them not just one or two so, last monday I jotted down.
repeat stamping ( cas challenge)
then I made a kind of a sketch of the sketch
then 4 letter word
orange
sky colors
it was not all the challenges but, it was ones I thought I could wrangle into one card. ( as soon as the orange came up I ended up tossing out the repeat stamping but, I did do repeat stickles on the diecut hugs (PTI ) the sketch, I ended up cutting the top paper corner to corner and its really supposed to be higher up the sheet. (it does however have a 4 letter word lol) so, there is just as much sky colors are there are orange and its not mixed media. and I ended up only linking it to the 4 letter word challenge.
The printed papers are from My Minds Eye and there is lace detailing on the stripes so, I chose an old Old Town Crafts battenburg lace butterfly to perch on the word. I did heat emboss this in white on some scrap of very pale blue and then added some blue pen to give it some shading. (its very subtle even in person) The orange stitched paper is from Provocraft ( its very old) and was cut with a memory box stitched circle die.
This card finished out at A6 and since orange is not a go-to color for me I am on the fence about how I feel about it. It will more than likely head to the booth. thanks for stopping by.

No comments: