2.04.2019

A few Simple cards

 I am still sorting through my stamps which feels like an uphill battle some days and a Oh, I have cool stuff moments on other days but, Saturday when I woke up my left hand looked like I had lizard skin as it was white on top and peeling. So, I decided it was an allergic reaction to the glue on the cling mount sheets and that my hands could use a break so, I wore gloves and cleaned off my whole table. and the top of the file cabinet, I put away the Christmas gifts, the Christmas stamps. no more piles on the desk. the not sorted unmounted stamps are on the floor again but, at least the pile is 
 smaller than it has ever been so.

 

 I started pulling out some stamps with the thought of I should use these. to see if I wanted to keep them. I have let go of a lot of Hero Arts backgrounds over the years and have only kept one box of solid shapes. They used to use them with pale shadow inks.  The flower and the trio background are both older retired Hero Arts and the sentiment is from the Unity set called Frankly said. The one on the left has some I have been hoarding printed paper and finished out at 5 1/2" square the one on the right is A2 and a little more clean and simple. both blooms I added some clear stickles to the petals after.

 This was another one of those hmm things, I was debating letting go of these bitty pressed flowers ( a boxed set from Hero Arts also long retired but, tried to see if I could think of an idea to use them.) the grid is part of a 9 block stamp also long retired that I would have to go dig it out again to find its name, It did not stamp that well so I kinda trimmed it down to a 6 block just eyeballing it on the paper trimmer. because, the pale blue cardstock is both the stamped panel and the base, I think it fools your eye into thinking I did it you know maybe a little more perfectly like as if I had used a die to do it. ( well, that was the hope anyways) The sentiment is from the Club scrap lavender fields set.

And this one was done as a case of this weeks featured stamper Joyce who has this pretty card with the color block technique on it, and I knew I wanted to do a one layer card to make changes and grabbed this Hero Arts distressed square background and used some very pale Avery Elle sea glass ink to make that block. other changes were I also moved the sentiment up to the color block (changed all the stamps) I did end up finding some pale blue card for the base and cutting a window into the front to give it some more color as an anchor because, the sea glass all but disappears on a white card. That tree is from Coronado Island stamping ( tall cypress) and the sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp set called moments of grace
and the best part is, the table is once again clean.
we shall see how long it lasts. ( my hands were back to normal this morning)
Thanks for stopping by

No comments: