1.16.2019

WOYWW # 502 {sorting continues}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
 So, the sorting continues. ( some days it feels like I am making a dent and others more of a mess)

 The system I have is unsorted stamps being stamped on blank cheap white cardstock that was cut to 7 1/2" x 5" with rounded corners to slip inside plastic envelopes ( from Amazon, generic ones not the Avery elle ones that cost a bit more) ( I have too many stamps to use the expensive ones so, what I find is the cheap ones rip in the corners if you are not precisely careful putting the laminated sheets into them. and there are hundreds of them in the package so, I just keep going unless it splits say all the way down the side then I toss it in the trash and do another one. ( its just been this newest package I just opened that I have been seeing them split) so, I do not know if the mfg changed something or not. the ones you see here are under construction, when the stamps fill the sheet then they move to another box on the big shot to get laminated ( down stairs where there are plug ins and counters to work on haha)

 So, I spent a little of my Christmas gift card money online a week or so ago and did not look at the sizes of anything. this house mouse image floored me when I took it out of the envelope. ( the grid on that glass mat under it is 1" squares) 
if you are familiar with these stamps they tend to be on the large enough to see to color them size. the chickadee dies from PB are also small ( but, not too small to use I think they scaled them to tuck into branch die cuts rather than to be card front sized.) 
so, that's about it for me. I think I am enjoying the mind numbing ness of this sorting because, every day at work is you know tax forms of one type or another to deal with so, the not looking at the numbers when I play is OK for me. Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I used to keep my stamps inside those envelopes but I found that I was losing a lot of the smaller stamps when their cling deteriorated. I am transferring all mine to empty DVD cases, the ones without the grabby bits for the disc. I stamp covers on cheap copy paper so that I can see exactly what should be in that set. Then they click closed so the tinies cannot escape. I am in the middle of major resrting and general clearing out of anything that has not seen the light of day for a couple of years, but that has created havoc over the whole house. It will take a while. Good luch with your sorting. xx Maggie #1 or #7

Christine said...

I am finding that keeping a file of all my stamps (with the box number) helps when it comes to choosing ones for a project. Saves me going through all the boxes.
It is time consuming but you know how satisfied you will feel later....
Have a good sorting week
Christine #25

shazsilverwolf said...

Stamp sorting seems to be an almost never ending job. I think we're always trying to find the perfect system. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X.

Julia Dunnit said...

I get it, that sort of repetitive work lets your mind wander whilst being productive which is so good for you after a complicated work day! I must admit that I would have been a bit floored by the size of the House Mouse stamp too, blimey, I’d need a magnifying glass to get colour on that with any accuracY! Keep going though, you’re doing a grand job with the sorting. The rounded corners are a great idea, let’s hope they prolong the life...these sleeves can be so fragile.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacey, lots of numbers are not my thing. I think I was very lucky to be able to teach art and technology but someone has to do the number thing! Maybe that's why you are doing such a good job with the sorting as you are used to repetitive jobs. I'm useless! I also hate it when a stamp arrives and it's way smaller than I expected. Anyway... have a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x10x

Helen said...

I really couldn't do what you're doing with your stamps! good luck.... Helen #5

Sarah Brennan said...

Stamp sorting is one of those things that never seems to end isn't it Stacy. Keep persevering you will make it in the end. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Neet said...

Se all keep trying to sort our stamps out - hope you get a lot further than I have. My never ending job!
Hugs, Neet 4 xx