1.23.2019

WOYWW #503 {progress}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
 It's probably hard to visualize because, I never did take any "before" shots... so, for reference. when I started unmounting sentiment stamps last year or the year before I purchased a laminating machine and a box of 200 sheets. and have now as of last night used up every single sheet. ( this was cutting cardstock in half so I have at least 400 sheets of cling mounted stamps sorted) last week when I told you there were stamps on the floor this was two rows deep an all the way to the bottom of those ink pads. seeing this stack here gives you the idea of what it is like in a drawer, all you can see are the spines so, every single box had to come up and out so I could see what was inside every time I was hunting for something.
there are no longer any stamps in dvd cases in the baby dresser. ( this used to have the bottom three drawers filled) and when they filled up, then they started filling book shelves around the corner.
I know its dark in the closet but, if you look at that top shelf. its filled with iris project cases filled with wood mounted stamps. the file cabinet in the middle on the wall at the other end of this group of tables I stamp at is filled with iris project cases of wood mounted stamps. around the corner where the book shelves are on two walls there is also this altered bakers rack that used to be filled with upside down frames filled with stamps. that is where the most obvious progress is seen. there are no longer stacks of trays of stamps on the floor because, they don't fit anywhere else.
I have been collecting stamps for at least 20 years.
yes, in the inventory I have done so far ( with everything counting as one even stamp sets that have 20 or what ever number of stamps in the set count as 1) I am running around 3K so far. This is an under construction process.

 I have started getting smarter about trying to wiggle the stamps on a half sheet before I ink them.
I received a new box of laminating sheets from Amazon yesterday and these new tim holtz scissors. ( if you ever start this project and you are tired of blisters on your knuckles from the KIA SU scissors go buy these, they have tiny serrated edges and cut very well and have a tip on them and I am not rolling them to the side when I try to clip V's into the spaces that were not trimmed previously where you can get stray halo's of ink spots) That's it from me, I will be driving all day for work today and will be peeking in later (probably over the next couple of days) thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Oh my Stacy - I think I need to go lie down - I feel rather weak! I don't think I have ever seen so many stamps... well done on persevering!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, it's a mammoth job, for sure. But looks like it's going well. Liuke you I've been collecting stamps for at least 20 years, not done a head count, but might do that one day. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 X

Caro said...

So impressive and so organised. Well done you! Take care and have a good week. With love and God Bless, Caro x (#27)

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow Stacy, I bow to your amazing collection of stamps and the mammoth organisation task you are working on. Well done it puts my efforts to shame. I must admit that I don't dare even start counting mine though. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Helen said...

I can't remember the total I got to last time I added my inventory up... you'll not run out any time soon anyway! Have fun using them now they're sorted.... Helen #5

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh my! you have been busy well done! Happy woyww, sending hugs, Angela x17x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You really need to give yourself a pat on the back Stacy you are doing a tremendous job cataloguing those stamps. A mighty collection which I hope you will find useful upon completion.
Hope you find time for some crafting during the sort out!!
Happy WoywW Tracey #9

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

I like my wood mounted stamps, Stacy I started to do it a few years back but changed my mind. I’ve been stamping since 1990, so nearly 30 years but I don’t think I’ve even a thousand stamps, at least I hope not! Must admit when I last did a collate I decided I didn’t need any more, but didn’t last long and even bought one set today! Clear set though. Well done you though.
Happy belated WOYWW.
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x #6

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

Kelly said...

Holy Moly, Stacy! 3k? Please tell me that's individual stamps and not sets. LOL Be safe Creative Blessings! Kelly #32