1.14.2019

A couple of Christmas cards

 I tend to lose track of the time but, a week or two ago there was a clean and simple challenge to redo say a memory or a card of your own (making it clean and simple) and my first card did not turn out clean or simple but, at the same time I had seem the fancy fold I also seen this Holly card that I had made hubs parents years ago. ( it still makes me smile to see that one) so, knowing that I had this Memory Box double holly frame die that had not been cut yet, I decided to play with it, I colored parts of the frames with a gold gel pen and let it dry. and then later I came back with a makeup brush and some bundled sage Distress oxide ink and started buffing the leaves but, some of the ink hit the gold and it was like an instant aging tarnished look that I really liked so, I rubbed the green pretty on both the frilly frames. ( the center gold piece I think is a spacer drop piece so that you can glue your frames equal distances from each other but, I liked how it looked with a little gold still shiny and glued that into place too.

 This frilly sentiment is from the Verve Stamps bright spirits set and I did cut one plain square to hide behind the frames for it to set on. the frames and sentiment panel were cut from PTI vintage cream cardstock and the base is Neenah Columns ( thinking pepper red?) ( there is only one red if you go poking around in their site) and this one finished out at 6" square.

Now this one was done a week ago for the featured stamper challenge because, I had come across this cool  card of Kathy's using that Santa collage stamp from delta rubber stampede. so changes were the colors and less layers, I switched out the belly band for some vintage seam binding lace and the gold sentiment is a Simon Says Stamp diecut. this one is A7 in real life and I like how it turned out a lot. That's about it for me, the sorting stamps thing continues. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: