7.25.2018

WOYWW #477 {a time lapse}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hastag of #WOYWW 

 
this is going to be long. (and chatty) 
 well, its a good thing I do not play in those stamp to spend challenges eh? because, I totally would be in the hole all the time lol the tool box set is a Amazon prime day thing, the ferns and pinata and mermaid washi tape were recent Micheal's finds and the inks and powders and new Mermaid came from Ellen Hutson and I had a Rubbernecker order all arrive on last friday. ( I drove all day for work on last thursday and went into the bigger M's store in Medford for that pile)

 and then Monday after work came along and I thought well this is more like it, I tend to have a pretty cleaned off table by Wednesday so, I shot this thinking I would not be upstairs again much ( its miserable hot) even though I have a window AC up here its really more like attic space in the garage rather than a real room with an attic above it so, that huge asphalt roof is baking this room and the AC can get it down to the lower 90's upper 80's IF it is on all day and since I try turning it on in the afternoon early evening during the heat when I get home it hardly makes a dent in it.

 But monday came around and so did that new glass mat. I bought this because, I have been stamping on this "temporary" plastic folding table since we moved in here ( almost 14 years ago now) the stair case is U shaped so, this table was able to make it around the corners and when I find table spaces I like or kitchen island things I like ( you know with drawers lol) they will not make it up the stairs... so, the center of this table has a slight hump in the middle of it, its not perfectly flat and the centers long wise are a little saggy so, its a challenge to stamp on it. yes, I have Misti's and that helps but, if you do not have them just so they rock so my thought was the glass mat would span the hump and make a larger fairly flat surface. ( it does rock on the left side but, since Monday I have attempted to make a couple more backgrounds and stamped a few things ( dead center) and its better :) I was worried that it would annoy me and it would turn out to be a waste of money but, so far so good.

So Sunday what started those backgrounds to the left was I had cut this printed paper ( Memory Box) on those seafoam card bases and thought you know I wonder if you could make more of that. and in the first few pieces I got it pretty close and then that don't know when to stop kicked in and I added a little more and a little more until it changed the whole thing. I like what i made and I will used them but, they no longer have the white space the printed papers have and then I decided I better just figure out something to do with the printed paper and card bases since I had chopped them up and cut some postage edge card to do a focal point on them. Ooh yeah, and the best part about this mat is the being able to have that white space to pat the ink pads on. ( brilliant) however wiping it with a baby wipe to remove ink leaves the glass streaky. ( that cdo think kicks in)(its like ocd but, the letters are in order ;) )  so, I probably will be cleaning this mat for real more than the self healing one under it, that one I was good to go with wiping it with the baby wipes because of the mat finish to it lol. and I think I can for see a lot of glare from the desk shots with the cell phone over this mat so, I guess I will just have to stay busy and have lots of stuff out when I shoot haha. thanks for stopping by.

15 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, you may have bought a lot of new stash but if it works for you, then that's great! The glass board in particular sounds as if it's going to pay for itself many times over through the next few years Hope you have fun and don't get too hot up in your room!
Hugs LLJ 11 xx

Sharon Madson said...


Stacy, you will love your glass mat! I have had mine for about a month, and I am still careful, but don't think I have to be. I still am keeping it clean, etc., but will soon be treating it normal! LOL I even thought I might be moving it when not doing mixed media, but I haven't moved it once. Using it all the time! ;) About Stamp 2 Spend; I had a large total build up last year, and kept that on going total. Glad I did, because I have a large FSJ order coming, and I spent $62.00 for Scrapbooking classes with Debbie Hodges!
But with DTGD coming, I can build it up again! Enjoy your new stash! Nice to see you on SCS and on WOWW! Feel like I am getting to know you. Thanks for stopping by already.

Caro said...

That glass matt is a fantastic idea - not invested in one yet, but may have to investigate. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice week. Love Caro x (#20)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

You got lots of fun to work with goodies! I have a glass mat that I keep on my desk at all times and rubber ones that I pull out as needed. Thanks for your visit to my blog and Blessings!

JD/ Jill said...

I enjoyed seeing your work space...thanks so much for sharing!

Frayed Round The Edges said...

I use my glass mat all the time, you can get anything off them. Lovely desk - I had a good snoop! Karen 23

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous new stash. Loving the new mat too but as I already have an older one I cannot justify getting another. Wishing you a great woyww, Angela x17x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've heard those glass mats are fabulous. I hope you like yours. You got a lot of wonderful new stamps and other stash this week. I hpe you can use it (heat and all).

I have a window AC in my office to supplement the whole house AC. I feel your pain with the heat. Happy WOYWW from # 1.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Lovely new stash... Glass is a great surface to work on as you can do so many things on it, I have two. The first one is white but my TH one is taking longer to get used to as it's black. Although it looks sleek i'm not sure it is the best colour to work on and at times it feels like I am crafting in the dark. Time will definitely tell with this purchase.
Happy WOYWW Tracey #6

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad the new mat is working out Stacy. I have the original Tonic large glass mat and I wouldn't work on anything else now. If I'm getting inky I have a blending mat that I can lay next to it. It is a pain for photo glare though. Love the new stash. If you can't treat yourself occasionally... Hope it's a little cooler for you soon. Sarah #13

Marit said...

seeing your photos I realize I do need a new mat too ;) I love the mermaid-stuff on the first photo, the stamps look awesome! Have a great week. Warm (tropical!) hug from the Netherlands, Marit #21

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, I keep hearing and reading lots of good things about the glass mat, so I'm sure you'll love it. Love all the new stash, really cool. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 xXx

Dorlene Durham said...

I have been waiting to purchase the glass mat and the more I hear about it, the more I need to get one. LOL Happy Belated WOYWW Dorlene #34

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Enjoy your new glass mat. I have one beside my green cutting mat - sometimes I use it and sometimes I use the green one...don't know that there is any logic in which I choose to use though!!! Enjoy your other new purchases as well. You'll be busy trying everything out.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m glad you like the glass mat. I wouldn’t be without mine, it’s the best. As for cleaning it, I get it. I have a piece of t shirt , only about 4 inches square that sits under the box of wipes and removes the streaky after I’ve cleaned. See even slovenly old me likes a streak free surface! Loving all the sudden new purchases...I like it when they come from different sources because you get such a lovely heap of them when they’re all together! The heat is oppressive isn’t it, and you can’t run the AC all day on the basis that you MIGHT want to go up there after work, totally impractical...we just have to be patient about summer!!