7.14.2018

VSN Staycation {night 2}

 This kids challenge this time is being hosted by Kim and she has a link in the challenge thread to a quick 3 minute video of blowing soap bubbles with paint to make these backgrounds. ( totally cool) I did make a few and was able to have them dry completely between layers of paint bubbles rotating between the three sheets. I used some Strathmore Mixed Media #140 weight paper and it had minimal warping after. the Poinsettia on this ( Penny Black ) was heat embossed with SU pewter and colored with pencils at work last February during one of those 30 day coloring challenges I think. the sentiment ( I am looking for this, it has this "clearly besotted" feel to me but, I am not seeing it in evernote and it has a hard time searching through script sentiments so..)

 a closer look at the bloom.

 a look at the backgrounds I had done, I did mix these paint colors and I did use green dawn dish soap but, I do not think the soap left much pigment into the mix.

 Lisa has a challenge seen here  to do a holiday themed card, so this PSX bear was stamped with versafine and colored with pencils and has a little bit of glitter gel pen on the wings and halo a while back and the sentiment is from Tim Holtz great outdoors set. this one is A7 in real life .

 and this printed paper is from the MME sugarplum pad, the centers of all those flowers are a little bling-y. I don't know if you can see the glitter on the image this way or not. ( my eyes are tired as I type this)
 So, being a person with piles on your stamp table tends to be a help when there is something like VSN going on as there are things that had been worked on and set aside in those piles, such as this gold fish jar. I made one of these one day for a featured stamper card, and took the card to work monday AM to show June and she bought it, so that monday night I had the stuff still sitting out and made another one.. for Jean's challenge is a scavengery hunt and the three things that make mine work for this is, there is something Orange, the printed paper to me looked like the tile you would see as the trim in a Hotel Pool and the sentiment is one you would see on a Postcard...
Okay its a stretch

 Misti has a second challenge to do a Pool Party theme and I knew I had this gal, but I was thinking I had just a bikini stamp and I never did come across it so, I found this printed paper ( kaiserkraft) and thought that looks like pool colors and then found this gal ( Art Impressions Blanche) and thought ok if you do just the paper and the gal you have time to color her. Polly has a Mixed Media challenge this week to layer your coloring mediums also and I had seen that yesterday and I do that pretty much on everything but, I wanted to do this as something I did now. which kind of was a good thing and a stressful thing because, for me coloring is a relaxing thing not a hurry you only have an hour thing and I have not touched my copic markers in a long time but, I knew I could get a base layer down quick with them. ( and I jerked my  hand out of the lines over and over haha) that is what I get for hurrying. This sentiment is from the lil inker designs keep it sassy set. and  the ric rac is vintage.

 Tracie has a challenge to show us your bike. and so, these are from two new to me Hero Arts sets from the basket of happy mail ( un-inked etc) basket and so, I started with the bike stamped with some versafine red and then masked around that for the rest of the scene. 
 Chris has a coffee themed challenge. and I had colored this Impression Obsession latte last fall sometime in anticipation of using it during last winters coffee blog hop... and never did it. the sentiment is from Lil Inker designs.

 This is a flat cell phone shot hoping to catch some of the sparkle on the steam and such.

 Angie has a challenge to make a Lemony Yellow card. I thought those Tim Holtz stitched square dies ( that came out of the happy mail basket on the floor) looked a little bit quilted with the double stitches along the edges so, I roughed them up and pulled them up with my fingernail. the Sentiment is from PTI. and this one is 6" square in real life.


 Sonja has a challenge to do this "passport" fancy fold that gives you a pocket on the inside (seen below) to hold a gift card and still having a spot for a note. and I ( yes, I know you are smirking) I only took this apart twice building it. the pieces I ran through the cuttlebug for the binding and seam binding cover they split when I folded them, so I guess the cardstock was dry (and old). *shrugs*
I actually like how this turned out and I will probably do it again. the dinosaur is from My Favorite things and I have been searching for this sentiment since I made this. ( the sentiment was in a file of pre stamped and die cut sentiments) and I want to say its rubbernecker but, I don't see it in their site, I am not sure its Riley and Co. either so another possibility is River City Rubber Works. ( so, I am still looking)
 This sentiment is from either hero arts or mft ( I have to look)

 These sentiments are from Hero Arts.

 Sharon has a challenge to visit the zoo and tell her a story about that. So, this tiger is from Kidstamps ( its really old) and this scrap plaid print was laying on the table since last weeks Sketch challenge and I thought the colors mimiced how I colored the grass close enough and then added the unity stamps sentiment real quick.

 Kim had a challenge yesterday to do a masculine card with score lines and a BBQ theme. and I over thought about  this for the whole time. I knew I had this bbq but I did not want to use any of the sentiments that came with it, and then today people have been you know chatting about the weather and how hot it is... and I remembered I have this river city rubber works sentiment so, this actually came together really quick. there are score lines across the lower right side of this card.


And then there was me, I have a challenge to do a "tank of gas" get away, to show some place you can visit from your home on a single tank of gas, and the whole time before I made this sample I had intended to do a woodsy forest scene card... and then I seen Michelle's challenge and decided it was too close to the same thing. and I had the compass on the table and thought well, I had also seen this double triangle fold come out for the tutorial of the week a few weeks ago and thought, ha that looks do able ( it is, the hardest part is not wiggling it when you cut the diagonal)

The sentiment is from the lil inker designs clean lines for the guys set and the cuttlebug inked piece has some antique linen on it. There is also a green brad in the center of the compass. The blue mat was cut with a Reverse Confetti stitched square die.

which leaves me with one last challenge to complete. ( maybe tomorrow) its another fancy fold :) thanks for stopping by.

No comments: