7.27.2018

Inspired by {Plow & Hearth}

This week Brenda has sent us looking for inspiration inside the Plow & Hearth store 
Where you will not have to look for very long to find something to thrill you.
I happened across these burlap wrapped pots of Lavender (and I had these fairly new to me dies) which I knew so,  I cut one of both the Memory Box Lavender Bunch & Long Stemmed Lavender

 I did cut the whole lavender in shades of pale green and then just the blooms in a couple shades of scraps of pale purples and then added some ink to the blooms for shading. The sentiment was stamped on a spellbinders justrite tag die from the Stampin' Up set called Itty Bitty greetings. The chevron paper and speckled cream mats under that were cut with a Spellbinders hemstitched rect. die. The base on this card is some shimmery opal stardream. and this one is A7 in real life.

 I used the smallest pot in the Spellbinders nested pots set, I did cut this twice, the bottom layer is whole and I glued the stems to it and then I cut the top layer in half, and inked some brown ink along the bottom edges of the rim of the pot and popped that part up on a foam pop dot. ( which I should probably not have done it while it was still damp because, the touching it let the foam dot really show as the paper settled around it haha.) (this has since been fixed with more dots on the outer edges.)
Instead of wrapping the whole pots in burlap, I found some really wide ( its over an inch I think without measuring) twill and wrapped that around the base of the pot.

There is a direct link to these flower pots in the store here and you can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: