7.13.2018

VSN Staycation {night 1}

 Brenda's Challenge (seen here) is for those people who end up with a forced to stay home staycation due to recovery time needed. so, the challenge is to do an get well card. 
The duck image was colored with markers, water and distress inks. I did use a Hero Arts rounded rectangle die on it and then trimmed the right side skinnier to the cattails so that I had more room to add the sentiment tag (taylored expressions listen to your heart) 

 This was done for Melody's challenge seen here ( to use book page or book images ) for a travel from your armchair theme. The books are from the Unity set called Love is in the pages, those of you that peek at my desk on Wednesdays seen me pushing the books around a while back trying to make sure it would work, to stamp,color and cut with scissors this image twice and not have it look totally fake so.  That sentiment is from the Altenew beautiful quotes set. this one is A2 in real life, and I did score the lines across the cardfront for a second subtle stacked book look.

 Misti's first challenge has an inspiration photo ( seen here) that the tiny bowl in the bottom left is just raspberries. ( and I knew I had these berries previously colored with pencils and a white gel pen) but, at the time I colored it, I had stamped it too close to the edge and then when I die cut it I ended up with a flat tire look across the bottom curve of that label and so, I set it aside and had never done anything with it. the larger sentiment is from the Stampin' Up! set called berry best and I did color the inside of the letters with a red tri liner pen. This one is A2 in real life.

This was done for Michelle's woods and nature challenge seen here. the Treeline was stamped with some Versafine vintage sepia and the deer were done with Oxide distress vintage photo. there is some subtle pencil coloring on the ground and sky and this one is A6 in real life. I am not so sure what I am going to do with this one yet, so there is no sentiment. the image is from the Indigo Blu set called Deer woods.

This was done for Dawn's challenge seen here to do a "crafty sentiment" on your card because, we all wish we could stay home and craft for real right? :) this image was gifted to me via wishrak a very long time ago from Debi (bottomphish) and I colored it with some polychromos and prisma pencils. the knitting needles were done with a gelly roll stardust pen. That sentiment is up on foam pop dots and is from the Altenew crafty friends set.

I am missing the very first challenge of the night which was Kim's bbg guy score card and so, it will have to wait until tomorrow because, so far all the ideas I have my mind rejects them immediately after I start thinking maybe you could do this... or that.. :) Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: