7.20.2018

Inspired by {US Mint Sheets}

This week I have chosen the US Mint Sheets site where you can purchase vintage postage stamps.
Plus see lots of fabulous (teeny tiny works of art) 
somewhere in the "tween" years my dad's mom gifted me with a US Mint collectors book ( with a few plate blocks in it) and some loose postage and a guide (wishbook) for stamps. it was the first thing I ever collected that was a true "collectible" and even to this day I still purchase extra sheets of stamps that interest me for special envelopes. 

 When I was poking around in this site I came across this Military Uniforms postage and I just loved this, the colors the mix of prints, and from that I came up with this. The printed postage sheet is from the Bo Bunny Anthem Collection pad. the Patriotic mailbox image is from Impression Obsession and the sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs Home of the Free set. That crinkled seam binding is from SU and it's a little wider than the ones I have from Hug Snug so, that was a fun thing for me. The image was die cut with an Avery Elle postage stamp die, and it cuts the center out for you so, I ended up taping this back together on the back side after.

 The image was colored with a combination of Polychromos and Prisma pencils on some Neenah 110# solar white. The sentiment was stamped on some classic cream with satin red and cut out with scissors.

A closer look at these stamps can be found here in their store. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

stampingbowd said...

Stacy, this is so cool!! You had the perfect DSP and your image looks fabulous with the bg! I didn't even think of my postage stamp die! I think I have one. Maybe I don't, LOL I am getting tired! Your ribbon on the corner looks fabulous! Hugs and thanks for the fun challenge!