7.18.2018

WOYWW # 476 {shopping}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hastag of #WOYWW 
 
 So, a couple of thursdays ago when I had to go to the "big city" for work, I did make a pit stop in a craft store there and raided their sale bin... I have the crazy dogs but, I did not have the dies or the cats so, this was a fun find. the Tim holtz sitched dies I had picked up on Amazon and they arrived in the mail that same day.

 and maybe a day after that or the week after that ( I keep forgetting its wednesday until after the fact) a SU order arrived. and funny true story the seafoam color is nearly a perfect match for Johnson's Brothers Greendawn china. lol
I did pick up this sentiment set too, and its about the same size scale wise as teeny tiny wishes. ( the one I tried so far fits on my tiny tag dies anyways)

and then when I was making samples for VSN I found I was down to my last few sheets of Neenah ( which is crazy I use it nearly every time I play) so, I had placed an order and it used to be samples were free and you could pay the freight if you were ordering other things, and now their site looks a lot different and I could not find these papers in regular cut and wrapped packages so, I ended up with "samples" and (they are pretty big) and the corner is bent on every sheet so, I started out by cutting up one sheet from each bundle into 6X12, 7X10, 5X10 and there are other skinny drop pieces for die cutting smaller. I am probably going to put the other sheets back in the box and into the closet for in case I want to do some portrait style 5X7 card some time. ( not sure yet) each bundle has 5 of these sheets in them for 1.44 but, the freight is spendy.  
so, in between the su paper and the neenah paper I have actually gotten one sample done for dtgd. and now the plan is to pick all this up and start really working on that now that VSN is done. 
I am hoping to tweak some of mine into more Christmas, Winter & Birthday cards because, those are what I need the most. Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, looks like we've both enjoyed our shopping recently. Great collection of goodies you have there. Have a great creative week and happy woyww, Angela x12x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, great find with the TH goodies! How annoying the card corners were damaged, I hate it when that happens
Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 XxX

Helen said...

what a very successful trip you had indeed! I am (im)patiently waiting for some new goodies too. Helen #1

Caro said...

Love the new goodies, especially the crazy dogs and cats. Have fun playing! Thanks for sharing. Caro x (#31)

Elizabeth said...

Hi Stacy, I'd love to come and play at your place - all those lovely new goodies! Have a great week. Elizabeth x #21

Sarah Brennan said...

That was a great sale bin Stacy. I love the Crazy series and have managed to accumulate all the stamps and dies in both sizes (some on sale). The dies are so useful, although my Brother Scan N Cut will cut out the main image. Have fun with all your new goodies and card. Sarah #15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Sorry I'm late replying - been to Winchester to clear out my son's uni flat, visiting Julia en route! Nice sale stash there, I bet you'll have a lot of fun playing with that lovely lot! In answer to your question about asking people's permission before taking their photo, it really does depend on the situation. If there's a lot of other people about, then we tend not to as what we're doing is not obvious and we're not using our photos commercially. However, if it was one person sitting there, then yes, we would ask as it would be wrong to invade their space. Interesting question to which there is no right/wrong answer!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Sharon Madson said...

FYI, I have been getting Neenah at Walmart, the last few times. Whether it is same weight you have been used to, I don’t know. I posted my VSN cards on my blog today. I can’t wait for DTGT, now! Wheee! :). #37

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Fabulous finds in that Sale bin.. I do love it when a bargain is a magnificent find! Well done Stacy. Have fun playing & Thank you for sharing WOYWW.
I'm running late, trying to sort out, reorganise and battling with a flagging laptop makes for limited visiting hours..
Wishing you a creative week ahead Tracey #7