10.25.2017

WOYWW #438 {24 cards plus}

Happy Desk Peeking day, if you'd like to play along and or see other spaces
 the link up starts here at our hostess Miss Julia's blog.
 

 So, the make things for the booth next month is in full stream ahead mode now.
Yesterday it was revealed that the surprise component to being listed as a Yeti for the fallidays challenges was to complete 1 of the daily challenges for a total of 7 from 7 different days of the last 8 days you can upload to that gallery. ( the deadline is Halloween) so, since I had all these 3" card bases going on for the booth production. my "color combo" card ended up becoming one of those.
 this is how I did 24 cards in about 3 hours off and on yesterday evening. all year long you guys see me stamp those sentiments on scraps, well when I make a card that is 5 1/2" square all those drop pieces get trimmed to 6" long, scored and folded and tucked into that plastic bin. (instant rainbow of bases) the basket to the left of that is printed paper scraps. ( slivers ) but, big enough to work on a 3" card.


 behind that basket is another basket of all the previously stamped and die cut sentiments tucked into clear envelopes. (ready to use)
along with all the extra backgrounds I had made during Fallidays too. (and those tags, I have not done "naughty list" ones yet. ( soon ) maybe after next week.
 a look at the center, I just pick up scraps from the basket and look for bases colors that are "close enough" the little houses came about because, my first thought for the Halloween color combo was do do something with a whole bunch of houses on black berry bliss color and then all the purple and black houses just faded right into that. but, before I put the die away I happened to cut some more in other colors because, I think I may do some of these booth little cards with little house scenes on them.

 the rest of the finished cards. they are really simple. and people just love these.

the color challenge this week is blackberry bliss, ( a orange-ish color and a yellowish color with black and Halloween themed) (I forgot the names of the other colors already I just squinted at the screen and thought "close enough" no one has wet noodled me for not having the proper Stampin' up colors in case you were wondering. So, today will probably be a pick up this mess situation because the daily challenge is a sketch and I will need more room to work I think. ( so, it may just get pushed into another small basket so I can drag it out again after. oh, and my new glasses are at the store today so, I need to run by and see if better bifocals changes my life hee hee. Thank for stopping by.

5 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Gosh Stacy, you have been busy! Am loving all your makes, especially the last Halloween card...great colours and not scary - my kind of card!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxxx

Helen said...

holy moly, that is busy! great desk, fab cards. Helen #1

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, wow, such a lot happening on your desk! Lots of fab paper pieces, and love the card at the end.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 XxXx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, so much stuff there but you look quite organised with it all. Have a great week and a happy woyww, Angela x11x

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Stacy, I love how you get lots of useful items ready in advance so that making large numbers of cards isn't too difficult. One of these days I'll be disciplined enough to do it too. Happy WOYWW Sarah #24