10.30.2017

More Fallidays & Daily Challenges

 
 So, continuing with the daily challenges the Thursday challenge was to "cut it out" have something you had cut with scissors on the project so, I finished off those tags that have been under construction for that one. the List and the packages and the love santa words are all from the Hero Arts cut and stamp Christmas list set and some of the other words are from the Unity Stamps naughty or nice set. 


 On Wednesday the challenge was a sketch one that looked like this
So, the hedgehog is an older one from Penny Black called Daisy swing it was colored with zig clean brush markers with some prisma & polychromos pencils over the top.
The lace is vintage and that whole wood grain panel is up on pop dots over the base.

 On Friday Dina had a mixed media challenge that was to be inspired by this photo below, I mainly worked off the colors and continued with that use some stamps that have not seen ink project I have been twisting the challenges to work with for me these last few weeks. the Gorjuss girl is colored with copic markers, polychromos pencils, some white gel pen. ( technically for SCS that makes her mixed media) the panel under her was done with Alcohol inks on Yupo.



 The saturday challenge is an Inspiration one and this week Steph chose a store filled with the sweetest stuffed animals type gifts in it and I chose this baby Giraffe from the Jellycat store.





The top sentiment comes with those Giraffing me crazy giraffes from My Favorite things and the sentiment below that is from the Lots of Hugs set also from them.

 On Friday Jeanne had a challenge for the free for all to use fiber... any kind you wanted.
and what I need more of is Christmas cards. so, This was done as a simple one where I poked a hole through the Yupo (heavy weight) alcohol ink background with a paper piercer and ran the cord through the hole and up the back side of the panel to tie the bows at the top.

 It's very glimmery in real life the white is a glitter cardstock and the navy is a shimmery one from Stardream and there are clear rhinestones on the die cut panel. I used that Birch Press Bailey trio ornaments die on that.

 Now, this is for the tutorial # 8 which is a Mason Jar topper (you can find the instructions here)
I think this is hands down one of my favorite gift ideas from this month, the gist of it is to cover duck canvas with two coats of Gesso and then stamp on that (heat set it) color it, and die cut it to be glued to the seals inside rings for canning jars. ( there is cheap white foam under the canvas on mine below but, from the angle I shot them at to show off the stamping that probably does not show up very well.

 I geared mine to work around things we have canned for real, the heart shaped chili peppers wreath is an old one from PSX thinking jars of Salsa here, the strawberries are from an old sketch book type set from SU that had some script off to the left that I had masked off and the bottom one is some unmarked Tomatoes stamp. They were all colored with derwent watercolor pencils. ( very easy )

 On Sunday the Featured Stamper Challenge headed to Jennie's gallery and I stopped in my tracks at this one because, I thought it was such an awesome design ( and not anything like what I would normally make if left to my own devices..) so, changes were to switch the washi tape strips to diecut scrap printed papers, I switched out the circle framing for a wreath that I made into a frame by cutting out inside and out loosely ( to keep the berries) with scissors. That noel is a Echo Park die, its cut twice the top layer is gold mirror and the bottom one is just smooth white neenah. that is up on foam pop dots over the background. (the colored background is one of the Yupo (ranger) alcohol ink ones from the rainbow on the table.


Which brings me to Monday and the first of two the second I will do after work because, it also looks like a very fun thing to play with. but, this one was done for Kia's clean and simple inspiration photos of unusual for you to make Christmas trees and I chose photo #3

We had gone out to dinner last night and when we came home the Monday challenges were up, so my card was shot in the deep dark under the artificial lights and it is really not that halloween-ish colored in real life. The frame is up on black foam pop dot tape and the fibers were pierced through the Judith tree. and then I noticed the star at the top and decided that, if I tried to heat emboss a star up there I'd probably catch the fibers on fire. so, decided to be cautious I looked for a white star button, did not find one and finally decided on this flower because, the shape. so, technically I have done all 30 challenges 8 of the last 7 days of daily challenges, and 8 of the 10 tutorials. I still have not made a decision on the foal point for this shaving cream sparkle tutorial ( #9) and I want to give the try a new technique from today a go also.

So, that is about it for the moment. Thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Janice M said...

You go girl!!! Get them all done i'm rooting for ya! Love that ornament card and those jar lids are adorable!!