10.18.2017

Panel Pull out card

 The 7th tutorial for the Fallidays challenges is for a panel pull out card. (you can find the instructions here)
 as I was messing with this no matter how much I scored the foldlines I could not make the folds stay flat. and so, since my first wonky stitched rectangle for under the die cut tree was printed paper ( to break up the red below it) I decided to cut a second piece to make it stronger... and tucked some burlap string between the layers to tie it closed. the OCD part of my brain said this has to be tied shut, this flapping in the wind thing was not going to work for me at all... and so, this meant that I did not follow the directions all the way through, you are supposed to mount this to two more pieces of flat cardtock that do not open. and that just did not look good to me either because, I did not use paper that all came from the same package, most of the plain cardstocks I looked at against this did not look good either. and so,its just a bitty fold of cardstock and I am ok with that.


 especially with it tied shut hahaha. the tree is from Taylored Expressions its called trim a tree. done on scraps. and up on foam pop dots over the wonky rectangles.

 while I was attempting to decide how long to cut the string I knew it had to be long for the folds to be able to unfold all the way, but if I had glued all this to one more layer of cardstock there would have been not a way for the string to have the movement it would have needed to open and close. and I would rather have the tie then the back panel so.

there is a stamped "word" border on the 4th panel. This sentiment is from the Hero Arts winter silhouette set. I am not sure what I am going to do with this next, I think it may end up on a tag maybe. maybe. I really like the movement it has when it opens, I think this could be a cool thing to tinker with and see if there is a way to make one of those fold hold a gift card some how. as always thanks for stopping by :)

3 comments:

Susie Williams said...

Top job Chickie, I love it!!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

WOW really love this. Thanks for sharing address of video, it's a unique card design

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Stacy, what a fabulous card, and I love the Christmas tree and your beautiful DP! So clever to add a twine tie to it. I actually like that a lot!! Hugs! xoxo