10.09.2017

Monday's trio


 On Day 2 of the Fallidays challenges and tutorials Lori M has a challenge to include a bird or feathers on your project. and as it happens these chicks from Unity Stamps had been stamped and colored sometime over the last couple of weeks and it was just begging to be used. The sentiment is from one of the Simon Says Stamp stamptember sets called You go this.

 It finished out at A7 in real life.

 So, just seeing this if you are a regular visitor to this blog you are probably already grinning over this fold... and you knew I groaned when I seen it. the photographs of the triangle Luminary box were so cool and I thought holy cow really... and really it was really not that bad. that being side this did take me almost 3 hours to do. and its not perfect. but, I hit my "good enough" valve somewhere about 1/3 of the way into it knowing I did not want to start all over again. To create this, the printed paper is glued to the scored panels of the cardstock with liquid glue then run through a diecutting machine to make "windows" and I knew I needed a random pattern print and I knew I had tiny snowflake dies so, when I found this paper I was like Ah-ha... and I cut snowflakes. ( and I had to go through two layers) so, knowing that I picked sturdy flakes in case I had to cut them out by hand like the Yupo paper from Sunday... and then you back these windows with vellum and countersink or embed some other snow in the holes... well, if you pick solid snowflakes, you do not end up with windows... The liquid glue is used because, then you have wiggle room to get your papers straight. so, I did them crooked, I straightened them ( they are still crooked) so, then I added some barn door distress over all the cream cardstock...

 So, that lead me to creating the lid and the changes were instead of doing a strip of paper around that outer edge, I used double sided score tape there and wrapped on some old Joanns ribbon there to tie on a silly tag and make my lantern into a gift box.

 Ann has a challenge to use yarn and white acrylic paint on dark cardstock to create Blizzard conditions for backgrounds. both the larger pieces in this shot are navy blue and the smallest piece is some textured black Bazzill.

So, for the card I created I used this new Hero Arts winter Silhouettes and I had stamped that on some smooth Neenah, I first used soft sky for everything but, it was too subtle, so, then I over stamped the sled with versafine gray and that was kinda of Blah, so then I off set stamped the sled again with black and it popped. added some broken china oxide to the edges I had cut out with scissors trying to blend with the backround. and once it was all glued together the snow was so "flat" because, that blue sky is a shimmer cardstock from stardream I decided to add some tiny bits of some Nuvo seashell pearls, on the trees, on all the snow, a bit on the sled. and really I have no idea if that looks good or not because, by the time this was shot (wet) it was dark outside. I was trying for a Polaroid look with the framing of the scene.

3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful cards and projects Stacy
Gr Karin

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Stacy, you are a card-making machine...and such beautiful pieces! I love those precious birds with the scene, and your triangle luminary box is beautiful! What fabulous backgrounds you've made. I've not yet dared into that territory yet. LOL! But I love seeing it! Hugs!

Janice M said...

Your bird card is adorable! Love the colors you used and the way it paired with the plaid paper. I have yet to try that yarn thing. You rocked it! Might have to see about that today? Your luminary is so pretty! I know I won't be trying one of those!