10.17.2017

Last Weekends Fallidays cards

 This was done for our anniversary, the leaf is from Penny Black, the main sentiment is from Impression Obsession and the tiny anniversary is from SU. Lisa has a challenge to use things from the letters that make up the word "Orange" so, I think I have some orange, some organdy ribbon, some Anniversary, ( I skipped the N but, the IO sentiment is "new" to me ) the g was for the green and the E was I used a huge crafters companion leaf detail embossing folder on that old basic grey printed paper.

 Barbara had a challenge to create a Christmas card with score lines on it. the image is from Our Daily Bread Designs and the sentiment is from Impression Obsession.
 The baby was stamped a second time on white cards stock because, I could not get a color I liked with pencils on that paper bag paper, so it was cut out and paper pieced into the scene.

 Jacqueline has a challenge to create generic cards you can give out as random acts of kindness. there is a kindness day coming up in November ( I think the 13th) and I am leaning towards these to give to the people working at the coffee drive through stand to use for the people they choose to give them to, rather than the normal just add in an extra five and tell them to buy the driver behind you a cup. This is a sizzix Card, tag die with Verve Coffee helps stamps on it and some old fibers.

 Ky has a challenge to make a sports inspired card and I had picked up this set from Unity not too long ago and decided I wanted to have one with it for the booth next month. The pins are covered with some nuvo white pearls ( thick, it cracked as it dried it almost gives it an old wood texture) the ball has some clear wink of stella all over it so it has that galaxy look to the finish. I did go over the pins with a black sharpie where the white spread.

 Saturday's tutorial is for an eclipse word into your patterned paper. this one I think I need a looser paper print to try this again with some time because, I do like how it looks on other peoples cards but, I did mess mine up adding the ink to the letters. ( you are supposed to let the dark layers pop the word, which they do but, I picked a dark brown and the whole thing just looked eh) so anyways I think I will use this the next time we need a dog sitter for Grace.

 Misti has a challenge to add layers of texture. and this is that SSS texture plate I picked up in September. it has some distress oxide inks on it. The dogs are from Whipper snapper and the sentiment is an old one from PSX.

Teresa has a world peace travel challenge so, I had originally lined up the train set from this Hero Arts Oct. kit and then decided my people were more likely to drive so, I used this car from an older hero set  called Mini Christmas ( I think this one is still available) ( I have all the sets with the bitty houses and bits and pieces and since the scale is the same they all just build scenes together)

No comments: