10.07.2017

World Card Making Day 2017

 So, not only is it World Card Making day today, its also opening day of upland game bird season in our corner of the world. (which means I had my first cup of coffee way before the sun came up) and this is what I walked into. friday night after work I spent some time messing around with oxide inks and these Unity stamp leaves ( all the leaves have a bitty heart in them) and I realized I did not have a burgundy Oxide ink, so I spent some time playing with tiny ink pads hoping to not have as much pad lines. yes, I probably could have used regular distress inks but, I hardly ever play with these tiny pads so...
 What I found was that the Memento ones did not leave so much lines on the leaves and they did not turn into muddy puddles like some of the others I tried did..
This is just plain Neenah cardstock.

 The burgundy became important because, I happened across this gorgeous hat (seen below) that I wanted to use as my Inspiration piece for that challenge from Stephanie. So, this one leaf had way more water than the others and really needed covered up...

 I ended up using a second straight stitch die to add some on this left edge as I used a skinny rectangle that only had three edges to grab since these were stamped on quarter sheets. the wooden leaves are unknown, the lace is vintage and the string is karen foster scrappers floss.
 The hat I chose. here is a link if you are curious, but sit down first... its spendy. I love hats how they look on other people but, I cannot wear them with the cochlear implants ( they push my "ears" off) so, I am totally safe (er my debit card is totally safe) for me to drool over them...

 This is a new to me Impression Obsession sentiment, it was stamped with versafine over the leaf. this one is A7 in real life also.

 A unity leaf with a Stampin Up sentiment this one is A-2 in real life. that is a Impress meadow premade base.

 Same idea, different card. the mat is a scrap of handmade paper that was cut with the Waffle flower A7 lacy layers die (same as above)

 This one has that Hero Arts wavy leaf sentiment and a Simon Says Stamp wonky stitched rectangle die also on a Hero Arts cardbase.

 This cup I colored maybe a few days after I had done the first card and its just a single layer one ( the cup is from Unity Stamps, the sentiment is Stampin Up. the base is a shimmery opal star dream and this one is also A7 in real life.

 Now this, when I glued down the first one to a plain A2 base, I really liked that and thought oh, if you do a few more these could be your work ones... ( we do Thanksgiving and Christmas cards for people at work) so...
 these are all green, orange & burgundy memento inks with water. (sprout, clay & ruhbarb) yes, they probably have two names but... that is all I can remember. its a mental thing I think when colors get two names.


 and then, now its ready for tomorrow the Fallidays challenges start. you can find the chatter for that in this thread here at Splitcoaststampers. The tissue is out because, I had buried it wanting to try that challenge Sabrina had a while back, that I have already forgotten what to do, but I do remember it needs ink water and tissue to work. so hopefully I can mess around with that tomorrow a little.

these are "out" because, they need carried downstairs to a sink when I get this blog post done... the sentiment I found in the pile that was put away. it says... consider this day seized ( in latin ) mind went blank on who makes it, its part of a funny coffee set that I had to have during the fall blog hop.
Hope you had an Inky day also, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: