10.24.2017

Tutorials & Elves

 Michele ( whose talent I admire so much) has written a tutorial for Fallidays for foam glitter ornaments... and so, I gave it a try. (you can find her instructions here) I did use a Spellbinders ornament die for my shape, and  papertrey ink smallest scallop border die for the scales. ( I was thinking to turn this into a mermaid tail when I started but, that tail I have been pushing around was not the right scale for this. I also covered the whole thing with diamond glaze after to try and seal in some of that glitter. ( that part is working so far)

 There was also one from last Saturday that was to use a triangle treat box die and turn it into a witch hat and I kind of read it and mostly just looked at the finished picture and so, this was the only one I did not print the instructions for and it's missing the belly band hat decoration step. oops. I guess the tag makes up for that though. and I also added a second layer of printed paper under the vintage doily as it felt fragile to me.  Here is where You can find the instructions for this tutorial and a printable template if you do not own a triangle treat box die.

 this was supposed to be a "clean and simple card" and the green stitch die I forgot to use my tan mat... so, it cut a hole in front of my card base, so I promptly cut the larger one from the other half of the card base, and layered it to another card base... and tucked in some glitter washi tape and then it was no longer clean haha.
such is life.
 Now this one of all the elf cards is my favorite so far. that background is alcohol inks on Yupo ( thin ranger brand kind) and the branch is the last left over piece of "glittered suede cardstock" This one is 6" square in real life.


 nearly a total copy of the first one except I added some snow marker to the white of his hat and then I die cut it, so running it through the machine after meant it flattened the snow. oops.


These the one on the left I had added the snow marker after the card was done so his hat is floofy and the tag was done after so it has been smashed flat.
but, I think they will go over well at the booth next month. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Kia's Place said...

All are wonderful Stacy ... I especially love your ornament, beautifully done.