9.06.2017

WOYWW # 431 {cleaning}

If you'd like to play along with us the link up for sharing creative spaces
 Some day's ( and lately its everyday) I feel like I just go from cleaning up one mess to the next. all day long. Over the long weekend I did do 12 cards. most of them were Christmas ones so that mess remains where I left it when I walked away Monday after noon as on tuesday after work.
 Corn was canned.... and even though two pressure cookers can go at once on the stovetop it is still an undertaking and its miserable hot here. ( and we hit #4 in the nation for worst air quality over the weekend ( forest fire smoke) so, this was the first time the windows had been opened in days.
The combination of heat and humidity from canning is not a good thing for me now at this age. ( I am not old I am just aging quick hahaha) so, when your internal temp is set to broiled alive and its 96 out side I just glared at my husband and said, we can afford to buy chemical filled canned veggies.
and he is like, well we only have one more batch of beans and one more batch of corn. ( that is all there is room for in the cold storage room) so, If I don't murder him between now and then ( the veggie garden is his undertaking) it looks like it will be more of the same for the next week or so.
The good news about all this is I am at least never bored. :)
and in the middle of all that mess there was this spark of happiness, our mail lady is on vacation so the relief driver came really late last night with this package of happy mail from a lady in Hawaii that I had stamped some images for a while back it was so fun to open this as I am sure you can imagine.
if you are in the path of these Hurricane storms please be safe. & Thanks for stopping by. :)

9 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Stacy, I think that maybe your husband should be trained in the art of canning and you could offer to water the veg occasionally instead lol. How you found time to make 12 cards as well I don't know. I just about have time for one tag, journal page or card a day. Happy WOYWW Sarah #19

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, I totally agree with Sarah- sounds like a fine plan. Must have been awful, I really can't cope with getting too hot, I get very snippy, lol. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxX

Sharon Madson said...

Wow! You did get a lot done! Canning and cards! And yay for fun Happy Mail! #30

Julia Dunnit said...

Yes you can afford chemically produced canned veggies, but in the winter when you're enjoying htis lot, you'll be very pleased with your endeavours really! So sorry about the heat and smog, it's grim. Twelve cards in amongst canning and looking after that huge kitchen...marvellous!

Helen said...

Keep going, you're nearly there!! the card count is impressive, no matter what! I did nothing on our long weekend! Helen #1

Lindart said...

I remember the days of having a huge garden and canning for weeks at a time. I'm glad now that my garden consists of cherry tomatoes and lettuce! But you will be able to enjoy the fruits of your labour all winter, and it will warm your tummy and you will feel satisfied knowing you did it yourself, and everything is healthy and safe! Have a great week, thanks for sharing! Lindart #31

May said...

Your nearly there Stacy keep going although I'm in the UK and never experienced that kind of heat... I only grow tomatoes and runner beans etc... Like everyone has said you and your family will reap the benefits of fresh produce once the winter sets in... and amazing work on the card front... you busy girl... May #10

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, I thought I was already following you but it seems not but I am now. Thanks for the lovely comment over at mine. Love your Christmas cards. Happy woyww and have a great week, Angela x14x

Monica said...

Canning is always a long task. We make Marmalade when the Meyer lemons and Grapefruit come available, luckily in winter. Horrendous all the hurricanes fires and now an earthquake close to home!

Monica #29