9.09.2017

Inspired by with a side of Harvest Hello's

 A few days ago, I received this Military Birthday sentiment in the mail from Impression Obsession and I knew I had this Patriotic mailbox image so, they were an instant pairing in my mind. This morning I had seen that the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoaststampers has gone to the design seeds color combo site and I came across this image that stopped me in my tracks I loved the faded worn colors and layers of texture on this image a great deal.


 and my brain said oh, go start making some Veterans Day cards and then I remember I had set this sentiment into the play with it soon basket and it all kind of fell together from there. I know this is probably not what the people at Impression Obsession were thinking of when they hosted their Harvest Hello's challenge but, this is where I landed. It's also not a Veteran's day card but, will head to one even with the spring flowers in the image.


The base is some fancy pants corrugate and the faded blue print on the postage stamp frame is I think some really old basic grey. the lace is vintage. All the stamping was done with Versafine Onyx black ink on some smooth Neenah solar white (80#) and colored with Polychromos & Prisma pencils with a hint of clear wink of stella over the flag mailbox and the watering can. This finished at A6 in real life. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Vicki G said...

Cool card! Thanks for joining us at IO stamps this week!

Karen Amidon said...

Love how you used the Military Birthday stamp...funny how things just come together! Wonderful card. Good luck in the IO Challenge and thanks for sharing.

Greta said...

Beautifully designed card! Love the corrugated paper & use of the lace!