11.30.2023

Dirty Dozen Christmas Sample for December 2023

 I recently (Okay it was in October but, this is the first time they have been cut) picked up these stitched tag dies   CREAlies - Dies - Big Labelzz & Tagzz dies #20, with stitch lines at Frantic Stamper that layer and I loved that. also these tags are Huge. :) this one I did here uses the two smallest tags in the set. What the photo does not show you is it also comes with two hole dies so, when I did layer these two tags I did glue them together before I cut the hole at the top so that it would line up. 

The base tag is some Simon Says stamp school house red and the top is some Neenah cream that was stamped with the Unity Stamps A Little Christmas Carol background stamp with pinecone ink. the edges of that have some Distress Oxide vintage photo as does the edges of the Simon Says Stamp Holly & Berries tag die. now that one the top layer of the tag was cut from some handmade rice paper because, I liked the texture but, its kind of flimsy so, its backed with a second layer of just Neenah earthstone cardstock. The berries were cut from some Recollections glimmer paper and the holly berry printed paper is from the Simple stories vintage rustic Christmas pad. I did add some Nubo Crystal glaze to the berry dots on that print as the big diecut berries are so shimmery in real life.

The tiny made with love heart charm is a generic one I found here on Amazon. These are the copper colored ones as brown is a color I use all year long. I did think about cutting that tag hole off the holly tag but, left it as another opportunity to tie stuff on ha ha. The red fiber here is from "On The Fringe" it was called hot pepper and I really don't think any of those old fibers online places are open anymore I think what I see being sold mostly anymore is dyed seam binding type things. The letter B charm and the findings tag in the top of the red stripe ribbon is from Tim Holtz. ( I toss packaging so, I am not sure what their real names are anymore but, I don't use up whole packs of things right when I get them so, they are old and from the stash)

 

While I had that holly tag die out I decided to use it on the Work Christmas turkey gift card holders and so, I found these plaid bases in the closet. And the holly was cut from Scraps. The Merry Christmas is from Lili of the Valley Christmas sentiment tags set and a lot of the edges were inked with Vintage Photo DOX inks.


A closer look at that, the pack of plaid cards only had like 5 of each pattern so, I ended up mixing two of the mostly reds for these. I want to say they are hobby lobby but, they could also be Joann's or Micheal's. ( I have a drawer filled with little A2 cards and I am trying to use them up) There are red jingle bells on the cord with the sentiment tags also so they do jingle for a little bit of fun. :) That's about it from me, If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here as Splitcoaststampers in the special forums set aside for Fan Club members. I hope you are doing well & Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: