11.28.2023

Watercoloring a Translucent Poinsettia

 Hi, It's my turn to host the watercoloring challenge at Splitcoaststampers this week and I chose this translucent looking petals one from Olga Koelsch seen here on YouTube called "How to paint outstanding watercolor Christmas flower - Poinsettia " I had picked up a pretty Poinsettia for my desk at work this last weekend at Albertson's and thought to use those colors. 


I liked the glow the yellow tones in the centers gave it such warmth. and then I started painting and ended up using colors actually pretty similar to Olga's video I think .

First layers of paint on a piece of Cold Press Arches 100% cotton watercolor. 

Second layer and my petals got a little wonky in the middle, and then I thought, oh no worries, just cover that up with the third round of paint.


So, I did and then I had that whole "well dang, there is no white space left for stamens thought" 

So I just painted over the mess. I knew in the back of my mind that there was not much glowing warmth on this that I had originally wanted so, I decided to add some gold Iridescent paint to this in a few spots.


Found some old Gold photo corners ( probably from Pioneer) and then found out my gold krylon pen is dead so, I used a gold wink of stella pen on the green printed paper mat and it does not really show but, it does hide that white edge on the printed paper from being cut. 


 The base here is some stardream in a shimmery gold that is A7 in real life. The sentiment is from the Greetery's four square holiday tags stamp set done in some Versafine clair Nocturn. If you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers That's about it from me, I hope you all are doing well & thanks for stopping by.








No comments: