12.01.2023

Inspired by {Crafting my Home}

 Happy December :) We had our first measurable real snowfall here at my house this morning. The "crafting my home" collection of pinterest boards has a whole bunch of group contributors to the boards. On one of them ( which I forgot to write my self a note about which board this is on) I found these candy canes made from Pipe Cleaners. So I went to the craft store and bought pipe cleaners. And that is as far as I got with that. they need soaked in tea then dried and fluffed etc. ( Maybe after this years holidays ) I just liked the texture of them a lot. And I think they would be totally cool tied onto gift packages.

I have been die cutting Christmas shapes from sprayed mixed media paper for a few weeks now and I knew I had this Simon Says Stamp candy canes tag die. That I have not really played with much as of yet and I like how wide it is so, it is totally wide enough to write names on the back side ( see below)

So, I did cut some from Neenah Earthstone and SU riding hood red and sprayed sheets. but, I did not paper piece the entire candy canes just every other space. What is interesting about this shot is it was taken with a digital camera and the one below with my cell phone. It struck me funny how cold the cell phone shot is. 

The To From here is an older Impression Obsession stamp done in Versafine Tulip red and the HO Ho HO tag is from Lili of the Valley done in Crimson. On a side note the tags I just linked to are sold out again at the moment but, save it to your favorites. They do restock that stamp set frequently and 3 packs of stamps fit in one of their mailers they use from the UK. (so I tend to buy my stamps from them in trio's as I know they will all fit in the same package) The sparkly cord is May Arts and the jingle bells are from the stash. I have most of mine in old canning jars on the wall so, I could not tell you its size of mfg. info but, the bulk of mine were found at either Joann's or Micheal's. If you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: