11.14.2023

Watercoloring a Christmas Branch

 This week Brenda is sharing this tutorial Easy Watercolor Christmas Card for beginners How to paint pine branch Ornament from Julia Lis Art Seen here on YouTube


I did use a ( ha water soluble pencil) to sketch a droopy branch and then grabbed a duster brush to trace a circle at the bottom for the ornament. 


And then the tutorial goes along to wet the entire paper. So I lost my pencil lines. and did the branch and pine needle shadows as directed and let it set aside to dry.

First layers of paint on the dry panel.


The painted panel is up on foam tape and the sentiment here is from Penny Black. This is on some textured Bazzill in an A6 size. The tutorial used a black pen for the bauble string but, I did use black paint and a brush for that. I think I got the shadow a little too big and bold for this branch but, it is what it is. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by,


No comments: