11.18.2023

Inspired by {catch my party}

 It's Denise's week to host the inspiration challenge and I happened to swoon looking at this decorated table with all the layers and textures. And before I had found that I had spent some time embossing a small stack of folders that I had yet to play with and the one on the top of the pile was this Delicate Mistletoe from Sizzix and I had done it in some stark Neenah solar white. 


So I started with that, grabbed a paint brush and mainly cleaned out a few wells on the palette. The white came later and is Dr. PH Martins bleed proof white. And it was still pretty white to me so, I grabbed some distress oxide pads and started aging it.


I did use my real paint brush to do this rather than a crafty brush, it washes out just fine as it is a water soluble ink. and then when that was dry.

I inked up the old Stampin' Up! linen background ( hands down my favorite background stamp) and with it just laying inky side up on the table pressed the watercolored embossed panel onto it here and there to add some fabric feels to it.

That panel was A6 so, I did cut it vertically and used the smaller piece as the center top layer here on this Christmas card, the edges of that panel did get inked with some Vintage photo to give it some contrast from the Stardream opal shimmer that is matting it. The textured paper under that is some handmade scrap piece that came in a grab bag pack a long time ago. The Noel die is from Echo Park ( and I've had it a few years, so I am not sure if they retire things or not) the big shinny gems are from SU and the pearls are from Kaiser craft. And that's about it from me. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers.com. Thanks for stopping by.



1 comment:

Kia's Place said...

I love this Stacy - it is so very beautiful!