11.25.2023

Inspired by {PepperLu}

 This week Amy is sharing the PepperLu site for Inspiration and I chose this candy cane background that is linked up in the Inspiration challenge thread here

And I knew as soon as I seen it that I had this Jackie Freirich designs candy cane stamp ( seen on the left) but, I also knew I had the Honey Bee stamps Lovely Layers candy cane die ( its the one in the center with three layers) and I had picked up the Papertrey Ink classic candy canes set when they had that release as I new that it had both left and right facing candy canes in the sets. The one thing I found with the papertrey ink candy canes is you can pick two of the dies to layer but, if you use all three. you don't see what is on the bottom it just turns into a liner. So the two on the bottom here are those but, with only two layers glued together. 

So, all the red and green you see here was sprayed onto mixed media paper ( strathmore) and cut from the splatter sheets. the candy canes were all embossed with Tim Holtz frosted crystal and then had rock candy glitter on that while it was warm. the Pine branches here the one on the lower left has some WOW puff white powder on it for snow but, it doesn't really show up well on that text background so, the others I left as green splatter branches. That text Background stamp is from Unity Stamps called a little Chrismas carol. The candy canes heart tag stamp is from the Lili of the Valley Baked with love tags set. the tiny red ric rac is vintage and that iridescent cord is from May Arts. The card base this is on is some totally red glitter premade from Paper Accents.The edges of the stamped panels have some vintage photo DOX ink along them and this is A2 in real life. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here. thanks for stopping by.



No comments: