6.13.2023

Watercoloring Rainbow Circles

 This week Angie has chosen these Rainbow bubbles in watercolor by Kristin Van Leuven seen here on YouTube. 

I meant to go downstairs and find some canning jars but, decided to see what circles I had in my studio that might work and found a few old glass pieces and some lids from crafty tools. 


 I did this on a partial sheet of Arches cold press watercolor paper with Daniel Smith watercolors, on the not quite flat vintage milk glass trey. I did rock the glasses trying for complete circle coverage and I ended up faking some of these circles with the paint brush. 


And I think it turned out pretty cute in any rate. So I cut out a corner with a Spellbinders 6" square matting die and then mounted that to a pre made Paper Zone 5 1/2" scarlet cardbase.

This sentiment here is from Riley and Company. I did use a Misti to re ink it several times as the watercolor paper has texture and I probably should have done a skinnier sentiment as going over a trio of bubbles made it harder to read at the top but, the whole thing says " I don't always craft on the weekend... BUT WHEN I DO nothing else gets done and you're on your own for dinner. " and the whole thought of it makes me laugh as my husband does the majority of the cooking around here. If you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: