6.30.2023

Dirty Dozen July Christmas Sample

 It's that time again, on the first of the month the Samples peek for the Dirty Dozen Christmas Card challenge prompt. You can find this months challenge here in the special forums set aside for Fan Club members. So, being on the team I know in advance what the theme is and I decided to start poking through my dies & stamps this month. I decided I wanted to try tucking sweets into a Stocking. I usually just decorate the stockings. I decided to use the old Stampin' up holiday Stocking die that was from Sizzix BigZ line a long time ago and cut it with some gingham and red & cream textures from Hobby Lobby to give it that homespun look. There is also some Vintage Photo distress Oxide inks along the edges. I used a brown ink fineliner pen to do the faux stitching.

The Gingerbread cookie is  Personal Stamp Exchange Stamp done with Acorn Versamark ink on Watercolor paper and was painted with some Daniel smith paints and cut out with scissors. ( I did two of them when I was doing it and have one for someday) 


while I was thinking about it, I realized this stocking die was too large to be on a card front and I decided it would become a big tag because, of that I painted the backsides of the gingers. 

The candy cane die here is one from Spellbinders, done with scraps. that ribbon is an older one from Martha Stewart. and I had taped these things to the inside. and cut a second set of pieces to cover all that up. 

That sentiment stamp is a Stampabilities one found recently at Hobby Lobby. And I have to tell you how much that took me by surprise. ( I had assumed Stampabilities closed its doors years ago) 


The with love sentiment is from Great Impressions. This was cut with a Simon Says Stamp stitched tag die from their bundle of stitched shapes set. The crochet trim at the bottom of the rim cuff on the stocking was found at Hobby Lobby last year. ( I do not live close to one so, I maybe go into that store twice a year)I did use the tiny Tim Holtz stapler on the edges of the trim so it would not unravel. The button is vintage and has some natural hemp string through the holes. That prim stitched eyelet heart is a die from Impression Obsession. ( the smaller eyelet edged one) 

That's about it from me for the moment, I will be back in a bit with this week's Inspiration sample thread. Thanks for stopping by.





No comments: