6.27.2023

Watercolor Texture from Tissues

 This week Linda has chosen this tutorial from Debbie Walker seen here on YouTube. And I decided this would be a twofer thing in the sketch watercolor pad. ( to work on doing the details small enough to fit on card sized canvas) which is the main thing I want to know as far as water coloring all the things goes. :) 


 So, I started with some "water" and although I could see some white spaces appear, when I pressed too firmly with the tissue it blotted up all the paint and left behind the texture of the wc paper instead of a print from the tissue. 

So, I decided to add more paint to the water press in more texture build a rocky shore and you know blot with tissue again. ( this is the wet shot)

And this is the finished dried shot, So I did write the date and what this was supposed to be what I learned on the side so I could remember if I came across it again. and I decided since I did not save space for the bloom part of the video to skip that part. I think doing this going forward I may need thicker or darker paints to make it work better and perhaps a lighter hand with the tissue. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. I hope you all are doing well, Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: