6.16.2023

Inspired by {Heirloomed}

 Hi, It's my turn to host the Inspiration challenge this week at Splitcoaststampers and I came across this Heirloomed site and loved so much of what  I seen. On the Farmhouse Design & Decor Board I found this front porch pin and I loved the humor of using old Chicken feeders as planters. Galvanized tin always catches my eye. And I spent a bunch of time poking around for something to hit me to make and kept thinking about pin and what I could do to be more of an inspired by piece than just replicating the scene.

One of my goals is to actually start using some of these things I have been collecting so out came this Marianne Designs Marleen's Shelf die and I grabbed some scraps of watercolor paper and started with a layer of paints. 

the ladder part of the shelf I think is wood and I decided to do the top front edge of the shelves with a play on galvanized colors. 

when the first rounds of paint dried I cut them out and then kept adding layers of Daniel Smith watercolors to them. 


So they started to look like this.

And then I started looking at my garden / plants dies mostly for scale rather than mfg. and found this 

Joy Crafts spring wheel barrow set had 3 potted plants that looked like they would fit and The Sizzix Garden shed set had small flower pots and a watering can. I knew I had the IO watering pitcher but, it is about half the size of this shelf you see here. 

I did use a bunch of shadow violet on the pots trying for an aged distressed look to the greys since it what variegates as it dries? 


I did not actually use all the bits and pieces I painted for the card but, this was the things I did do before I built the card. 


The sentiment here is from Impression Obsession and it was diecut with a Penny Black full bloom stitched nested frame die. Some of the flower pots and the watering can are up on foam pop dots. the bitty brads hanging the "sign" are from Recollections. the corrugate is from Die cuts with a view and the white washed board printed paper is from the Craft Consortium pad of wood grain prints. This one is 6" square in real life and headed out to DS's girlfriend soon. ( she drags him to Lowes &  Home depot on a regular basis) which still makes hubs and I chuckle as that was his most un-favorite store to go to growing up. I hope you are all doing well, If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.








No comments: