6.20.2023

No Plan landscape

 This week Brenda has chosen this abstract no plan painting from Creationsceecee seen here on YouTube.

the title of that painting is actually embracing spontaneity - atmospheric watercolor landscape. And I think this was the hardest thing I have actually tried to do. I did watch it all the way through and then started this piece here 


On a piece of Arches cold press about A6 in real life with some Moonglow and Blue Apatite genuine. 

Instead of a branch into the scene the background became hills with forest trees on the rise. 

And then trying for a peeking out and up from under some kind of foliage some green appeared. The greens here are Cascade Green and yellow green. And nope, it does not look anything like the inspired by piece.  What I learned is, I do not do well with "no plan" and I really did not have enough room to make the paint run. If I mess with this anymore it will no longer be much of a no plan landscape. So, I left this to dry the rest of the way like this. and we will see if it grows on me later. 

If you'd like to play along with us, this challenge can be seen here on Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: