2.28.2023

Watercoloring a Floral Egg

 This week Kia has chosen this two-fer video from Emma Jane Lefebvre. And time was short for me so, I decided to go with the first half floral egg as it looked quick and easy. ( and it probably is, I just spend too much time up in my head trying to decide what the flowers and leaf sprigs should look like) 

So, with the time constraints in mind I grabbed my ( these are old) Spellbinders nested egg dies and used the largest one to trace around with a pencil on a piece of A6 Arches cold press wc paper.

First round of paints, I forgot to add in some other colors while things were wet so, I decided to just let it dry completely to add in more detailing later.


before I added this round of paint, I did erase the pencil line.

Which made me think I had too much white space in between the bigger things so along came more sprigs and such.


I have this ( its an old wood block) Easter sentiment from Stampourri and I ended up stamping it on a scrap of Neenah millstone with Acorn versafine as it was too wide to fit on the watercolor panel, and then I thought OK I will mat the watercolor panel with some cream Neenah and do an A7 Card, but it was still too wide for that so, I ended up wrapping on some sheer pink ribbon and tying on the sentiment with May Arts Iridescent cord and some pop dots at an angle to make it fit. The watercolor panel was matted with a piece of the same cream Neenah and that has been cut by hand with pinking shears for some interest.  The base here was cut just a smidge larger than A7 so that the sentiment was not off the base. I like the idea of this a lot to have an almost free floating shape with the color inside and I just may do something like this again maybe with a better idea of what do paint shape wise. If you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. I hope you all are continuing to doing well, Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: