2.14.2023

Watercoloring Abstract Play

 This week Angie has chosen this video with two abstract painting play ideas from Ellen Crimi Trent seen here on YouTube. 

So I cut off a couple pieces of Strathmore 400 series watercolor paper to toss some paint on. Grabbed one of my oldest palettes from Mission Gold & the gold is from the "starry night set" because, they had more wiggle room to put a card into to drag through the paint was the thought I had. and then I spent an hour digging for where I may have relocated my "credit" cards to, I was totally unsuccessful with that so I ripped up a skinny scrap of cardstock to do lines with and then after a while just started using a brush.


 I seriously put that much multiple color of paints on the first sheet before I took a break to let it dry. Done with an size 12 round brush.


when I shot this second shot I thought how the purple stripes on the bottom right looked like a cross and then more paint came on immediately after this layer was shot. after that I switched over to a size 1 Mop brush from daVinci thinking it would hold a lot of water and I have not played with it much either. my go to is a size 8 round.

and then there were three.


and more paint just kept wanting to be on here. ( which is very strange for me) :)

So, I thought to my self, it's almost Valentines day ( I did this Sunday afternoon) and I decided to do the second one with less colors. 


Added some water and drug the pigments around. and yes, it buckled that much. 

Meanwhile the other did receive just a little more paint as did the second and I fully intended to load this particular shot into the gallery at Splitcoaststampers for this. 


And then a package of stamps my husband had won for me on eBay arrived in the mail on Monday night and Tuesday evening after work this one became a card. ( stamp is from Inkadinkado and its from Dawn Houser's line there.) Decided to cut it with a Paper Rose curved rectangle die to let more of the background peek around it. I think now looking at this I should add some of the gold shimmery paint to the sentiment snowflakes. Mostly it just makes me laugh as this really did start out as off white.

So, the cardbase was a pre made one from ( I have no clue) in the A2 drawer I am trying to use up and that's about it from me. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers if you'd like to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: