2.21.2023

Watercoloring a sunset through the trees

 This week Brenda has chosen a video on you tube by Kristy Partridge on painting wet on wet sky with bare branches and bird silhouettes seen here.

I can be honest with you and say I skipped ahead to the 4th panel with the sky and branches to watch. 


  First layer of paint and as soon as I shot this I realized there was just not enough paint to dry with any color to show off a pretty sunset type sky. So, I immediately got it re wet and put a lot more paint on it.


And then I decided I better let it dry before I rubbed a hole in it ha ha. 

So while I was waiting for it to dry this is a cropped shot from my kitchen window looking north west ish. and I had to laugh. 

When it was dry I added in some tree branches.


Pulled the tape off, and added two bitty bird shapes to the right hand tree branches. ( they are hard to see but, maybe a little more scale wise since I would think I would see these branches from farther away) 

The base here is some Pool from Paper source in an A7 size. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. That's about it from me, hope you are doing well. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: