10.11.2022

Watercoloring a Fall Vase

 This week Brenda has shared with us this tutorial from MarenaArt That I just love the colors of that so, I watched it and then tried to recreate something similar from memory. 


first wash of paint on some cold press Arches cotton paper not taped down. 


added another layer of paint to the foliage parts and a few more splatters.


Started adding branches and more defined foliage, deeper tones to the vase and more splatters. 

added some lines to the vase, more branches. and I thought I was done so I went and looked at the video again and seen there was white highlights so, I did add more shadow to the ground and a few white highlights but, they looked pretty obvious to me so, I did not add very many before I stopped. 


 I ended up stamping this Impression Obsession Thanksgiving sentiment on a piece of Neenah earthstone with some Versafine Acorn ink for the inside. Since this card is A7 in real life, there is plenty of wiggle room for a handwritten note and such.

The base of this is Stardream copper so its shimmery in real life, I did distress the edges of the watercolor panel for something different. You can find this challenge here on Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. That's about it from me, I hope you all are doing well. Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: