10.28.2022

Inspired by { The Jolly Christmas Shop}

 This week Julie has chosen the Jolly Christmas shop as our Inspiration Destination where I came across these cute snowmen ornaments doing a search for plaid. And in my brain they were red and white mainly. So, then by the time I actually came home and started digging through my snowman collection, I had wanted to color some of the newer ones and settled on these from Whipper Snapper Designs. 

I stamped them with some morning mist versafine ink on Arches hot press watercolor paper and did a loose, rustic colors for them like they were made from Muslin rather than snow. ( with all the stitching going on kwim?) and then added a bit of Dr. PH Martins bleed proof white when the paint was dry to the ginger and the scarf. The one on the left is called Starry Snowman and the one on the right is called Rustic Joy. I love these I picked up almost the entire release Anna Wight did this time around as there is just so much rustic, snow, gingers and Santa's to love. 


To keep the rustic simple and cream & red colors going I found this really old scrap of October Afternoon stripe print and decided it would work well with them.  The snow men were cut with a Waffle flower mini slimline rect die and the Stampin' Up sentiment was cut with a Lawn Fawn lg X stitch square die. The base here is from some textured Sundance felt natural white cardstock and I did finish this one as a Slimline. That's about it from me, I hope you are all doing well. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: