10.15.2022

Inspired by Urban Owl

 This week it was my turn to host the Inspiration challenge and a long time ago I came across a snarky / silly coffee mug from them and saved the site. the thing with stores that have Pinterest boards is, when they stop selling something, the photos tend to go Poof from pinterest so, I cannot link you up to the mug. and that's OK they have a ton to see on their pinterest boards and I stopped in my tracks at this collected piece of Aqua Marine Shades. ( I love that color) So, I happened to glance at the wall in my space and I have a few old wood mounted stamps on the wall that I have been wanting to color and the old Limited edition shoes caught my eye this one in particular since it looks like it is covered with gemstones to me.

I stamped it with some versafine morning mist on Arches cold press cotton watercolor paper and painted it with mostly Daniel Smith watercolors, and a couple of windsor newton ones. 


The shoe was cut out with scissors and is up on foam pop dots over the frame which is also on foam dots. That pink fresh stitched scallop frame cut's as two pieces and I have taped it together on the back side. the glitter paper is something I found a while back at Micheal's from their recollection line, its nice that it does not shed glitter but, the backing is almost a plastic feeling paper and I do not have such good luck die cutting it so, it became a straight cuts background. The sentiment here is from Stampendous and its tied on to the sheer ribbon with some sparkly May Arts cord. The base here is some SU soft sky and this one is 5 1/2" square in real life. You can find this challenge here to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: