8.16.2022

Watercoloring a Pinecone

 It's my turn to host the watercoloring tutorial on Splitcoaststampers this week and I have chosen this Pine Cone from Diane Antone Studios seen here on YouTube

I took this shot while it was drying to remember the brushes I used but, I looks like a Princeton Neptune Script #1 and a 1/4" Silver Black Velvet Striper ( which has angled bristles ) ( it was the closest I could come to what I seen her doing with what I had and I think it worked pretty well) 


A closer look at the dried painting, The white here is a combo of Windsor & Newton White Gouache and Dr. PH Martins bleed proof white. I tend to mix white in the same spot in the palette frequently so, its hard to say now if they have mingled or not. All the other colors are Daniel Smith paints.


I used a paper trimmer to put this down to about A6-ish size and mounted it on foam tape with Pioneer photocorners on some Stampin' Up! Cinnamon Cider at A7. The sentiment here is from the Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words Christmas set stamped with some Versafine Clair Nocturn on the Arches cotton paper. That's about it from me, I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

Janine said...

Lovely painting