8.23.2022

Watercoloring A Night Sky

 This week Angie has shared with us this tutorial for doing a night sky water coloring Seen here on YouTube from This Writing Desk.

So the binder clip idea caught my eye and on the first round of paint I decided to add some to the edges of this taped off sheet. ( its not a pad, its taped to the backing board off an old used up pad) this is Phthalo Blue on Arches 100% cotton cold press. 



So second round of paint I added in some Payne's grey. ( not the blue version) and right after I shot this I realized there just was not enough paint on it, so I added some more real quick. 

Along with some splatters of Dr. PH Martins bleed proof white ink. and I decided that using the size 8 brush for the splatters made them much too big so, I did end up grabbing a small maybe size 2 brush for the rest of the splatters you see going past this.

I know she did this is like two layers but, it took me a few more to get a depth to the sky. So this is 3rd layer of paint.


Scribbled in some Paynes grey tree tops across the bottom and more splatters. My shooting star was a bigger blob of paint and it was a little on the thick side I though but, I did not try lifting it. 


I had originally cut the watercolor paper to A6 so I could have a big border when the tape came off but, as I looked at it I decided to trim it down a little so more of the cardbase could peek through. I did consider putting the sentiment onto the inside but, instead added a single wash of the phthalo blue paint over it so it could blend a little better than a stark white one since its such a big sentiment. This finished out at A7 in real life. I hope you all are doing well, You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: