8.09.2022

Watercoloring { Line Wash }

 This week Linda has shared with us this sketchy line wash style of painting where you sketch over your pencil sketching with a Micron pen ( or any waterproof ink pen) for bold lines. You can watch the video tutorial here on YouTube.

I did watch the video but, I did not follow along with it doing this, the whole thing I did was from memory after watching it so, the bottom of the pot is a slight trace around a blotter tool on my table and then my flowers seemed to look like stars to me which I thought was a fun twist. 

So, I decided to make my grassy star flowers shades of yellow. First layer of paints. 

Second layer of paint with more pen work throughout, more splatters.

Decided to add a few more pen lines around the blooms to get the white space and more cross hatching. 

The Painting was done on some Arches cold press with Daniel smith paints. This panel is up on foam tape over the textured Bazzill base. The sentiment here is from the Hero Arts Tulip set stamped on some Neenah solar white and die cut with a spellbinders framed tag die. This is tied on some black hemp string wrapped around the painted panel, so there is a couple more foam pop dots under the end of the tag to keep it flat. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us if you are so inclined.  I hope you are all doing well, Thanks for stopping by!






No comments: