4.12.2022

Watercoloring values aka Cotton Ball Tree

 This week the Watercoloring challenge is taking a look at this tutorial about watercolor values with a limited palette and a simple tree with puffs of color to resemble cotton balls. You can see the video here on YouTube.


This is a shot of first layer of paint drying on the table. The shell pink I used is this one from Holbein and it feels a little thick and Gouache like to me, not quite as transparent as Daniel Smith paints.

Second layer of paint with a swatch of the paints used and the brushes. I did prefer the artist version with the gel pen dots added to the scene but, the only gel pen I have good results with is a white one or a clear stardust one and I felt like, this was something that would look better with a darker shade of ink so, I skipped that step.


I wasn't really sure if I would actually do anything with this painting so, it surprised me that I did make it into a little card. the square dies from the Spellbinders 6" square sets ( A & B ) were used here to cut the Papertrey Ink smoky grey paper frame to go over the painting for a CAS look. This one finished out at 5 1/2" square in real life. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by. If you'd like to play along with us, this challenge can be found here at Splitcoaststampers.


No comments: