4.08.2022

Inspired By { James Street Home Decor }

 This week Kia has shared with us the James Street home decor store and I came across this Chicken baby blanket and my eyes totally focused on the pink chicks and my brain started thinking Easter. And then I started actually digging through my chicken stamps. And what I found is almost 99.9 % of my chickens are fully grown hens and roosters and tend to be larger sized stamps. I really do not have much in the way of bitty peep cute chicks. So, I started out stamping some of these Stampin' Up & Whipper Snapper Designs chickens with Memento Sand ink on some Arches cold press watercolor paper. The other ground spots were stamped with Mello Moss.


And the blanket was so busy to my eye that I knew I wanted it to be simpler as a card, and so, I left off the ladybugs, red fern shaped leaves and the whole filling all the white space aspect. I did leave a lot of the creamy background that the blanket has though and I did add lib those fern type foliage with the paintbrush as none of my stamps were the right scale for these chicks. This panel was cut with a Lacy Layers A7 die from Waffle flower and the Art Impressions sentiment was cut with a Trinity stamps stitched mini slimline die and that is up on foam pop dots over the chicken panel. The printed paper here is a really old one from Basic Grey that picked up some of those pinks and greens and the base is a Powder Pink one from Stampin' Up. I am thinking about adding Happy Easter or Happy Spring to the inside but, I have not gotten that far with it yet. That's about it from me.  You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: