4.19.2022

Watercoloring Color blocks with doodles

 This week we are playing along with using watercolor to make color blocks to doodle on. The video can be seen here on YouTube. 

I just love everything about that from the color choices to the doodled foliage. And then I decided that I should you know practice this on some cheaper watercolor paper just in case. And I liked how the colors turned out on this practice sheet so I just rolled with it. 

This is my first panel and I used some for tape to make the blocks and it was pretty wide, so when the tape and salt came off it looked like this.

I had flipped it on its side and I knew I had this poppy stamp from The Stampin' Up oh so lovely set because Linda gifted it to me a looong time ago. I am still not really a doodly person, and yet I do have a "few" stamps that lean this way. So, I kept looking at this at this point thinking there is just too much white space here. So I cut the panel apart with a rectangle die. And then I found this pre made card base in the use it up pile and thought ok cut, the sides off the panels with the paper trimmer so there can be "pink" space between them on the front.

And staggered them across a DCWV 5 1/2" square card base. This allowed me to not have them be perfectly straight and I decided to tie on some May Arts gingham while I was messing with it. and then I went back and looked at the video again and laughed at my "non" quick card... So, the other half of this sheet of Strathmore was laying there and this time I picked  a skinnier Washi tape to make the blocks.

And I kept going with the same use them up colors in the palette. I really like how the color blocks turned out on these panels. 

And so, I decided if I really wanted it to be a "quick" card I would grab some stamps so, I picked up this birdhouse trio stamp from Judith and the sentiment from the Concord & 9th city stacks set and yeah the birdhouses are a wood mounted rubber stamp and I got it overlapped a little too close together. I might try a white gel pen over the In My part of the sentiment but, I have not gotten that far. I might just pitch this and try it again sometime. At any rate I really did enjoy this one and I know I will be trying it again sometime soon. That's about it from me, you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us and Thanks for stopping by.





No comments: