4.30.2022

Dirty Dozen May Christmas card

 It's that time again, at the beginning of the month the Dirty Dozen Christmas card challenge releases a new prompt with the idea of getting some cards done throughout the year ahead of time. This month, I had in the back of my mind as I was looking at the prompt that I tend to give more and more gift cards at Christmas time so, the idea started in the back of my mind to make some cards that were big enough to hold say those gift cards on postcard type style ones. You know what I mean right? I cannot tell you what the challenge is but, I can tell you what I did here.


I dug out this Impression Obsession Chic Marabou bag from Aleasa Bakers line and stamped it with tulip red versafine clair on some Neenah solar white cardstock and then painted the red parts and shadow parts of the bag with Daniel Smith watercolors. I decided to add some Dr.PH Martins bleed proof white ink over the feathery parts of the bag and then added a clear polished dot gem from Stampin up on the clasp button part of the design. The sentiment here is from Unity Stamps spoiler alert 2019 sentiment kit set and this panel was cut with a Spellbinders curvy rectangles die. That lace is vintage and the Printed red snowflake paper is from a Tim Holtz pad called Christmas Noel. The base here is some textured bazzill and it finished out at A6 in real life. If you'd like to play along with us the details can be found here inside the Christmas Cards part of the special forums for fan club members set aside here inside Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: