4.05.2022

Watercoloring Eggs

 This week Kia has shared with us the link to Debby Hughes water coloring bird eggs video. Seen here on YouTube. You know that I am a huge fan girl of Debby's so, this was a little intimidating to me to try as I dug through my egg stamps and most of them are teeny tiny so, I ended up spending some time free handing them and trying to mix colors. and I knew this would be one of those trial and error error things. The first two sheets I did as trial runs, are in the third photo down here. They tell you that comparison is the thief of Joy but, seriously when you are comparing your self and how much you have improved it really just gives me a thrill.

these are Daniel Smith paints on Arches cotton cold press.

And I realized that I had room for a third so, I added another one. these are imaginary bird egg colors not from any particular breed. You can click on any photo here to enlarge it and use your browsers back button to continue reading.

This gives you the idea, the top two sheets are the practice trial runs on some Strathmore 400 series cold press. Which just does not work as well as the Arches Cotton cold press ( bottom trio) which you can see. These are nearly the same shade of the same paints with the same brush. 


I did cut a frame with a die from Whimsy stamps called Slimline scenic country side twice from the same almost Kraft cardstock from Neenah. I do own the same reverse print sentiments that Debby used on her card, and I think that is just so perfect but, I was not trying to duplicate her card so, I did leave this as a blank one. That's about it from me. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us.  Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: