3.22.2022

Watercoloring Perspective

 This week we are taking a look at a video that shows a scene with just a few elements to have that sense of perspective. You can watch the video here on YouTube.



So, I started out painting the one on the left ( first) with Daniel Smith paints on some cold press Arches 100% cotton paper. And I had not quite enough water on the paper to do the tree spread, so I had the bright idea to take some water to it and remove the preliminary distance tree/bushes with water and try it again. And so, I got some tree's to spread the way they did in the video so, I set it aside and tried it again before I forgot what it looked like. And then I had these two pieces and I actually liked the one on the left better, it had more, just more to me. and I figured since I already had one that looked "close enough" to the sample to work I could just you know tinker with the one on the left and so, 


I thought the "pond/water" part looked more like a meadow and the backwash of green above the tree line could pass as hills, so I added more trees getting progressively darker as they came forward and made the pond a meadow. added a little more drama to the sky. ( which was harder than you would expect to do it without getting it strange and broken seeing as there were already tree branches and birds in that area).


Cut a sheet of Bazzill down to do these as 5 1/2" square cards. I just may turn them into Fathers Day cards. ( have not decided yet) but, I still like the one on the left more. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: